Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Recap


***First and foremost!!! Thank you to all our active and retired armed service members, but a special thanks to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their country so that we are able to sleep safe at night. My heart goes out to those families who have loved ones who have sacrificed their lives for our country. I support our troops, and I am thankful for every single one of them.***

Basically...Our weekend in pictures! 
It is Tuesday already! Score, but if you are like me and had yesterday off, then that means today is actually Monday and you are cut one day short on your work week. Trying to cram everything you do in a week at work into 4 days is not as much fun as you might think! I got to kick off my 3 day weekend a little early. I got to leave work 2 hours early on Friday! The weather Friday morning was beautiful!! Friday also started a weekend long addiction...Sonic's cherry slush. 


Saturday I woke up and headed to the gym for yet another training session, and weigh in. Good news, I have officially lost 20 lbs! After getting home and making out our weekly grocery list, we head out to do some much needed shopping. Turns out I was starving yet again, so we hit up Chili's. Such a great impromptu date! And of course, got my cherry slush fix.

 

We got home, and ended up staying outside. Of course we can't be outside and not spend time with our beloved Chaco puppy! She got a rare treat of some Frosty Paws, and she devoured savored every last lick. When she finally finished it, she ran in the grass at what seemed like 100 mph. Crazy dog. C finally got a hold of her leash and got her to calm down...for a nanosecond. Saturday also included a little hour long nap and then doing a little gardening.





Our red potatoes are starting to produce!! 

Sunday was my monthly sister day, so we were in GA. I'm lucky that my sisters and I make time to spend together at least once a month since I live an hour and a half from them. And my mom comes with us now too which is perfect because I don't get to spend enough time with them! We made kissy faces and went wedding dress shopping for my older sister!! AND good news...WE HAVE A DRESS!!! She looks beautiful and I can't wait to see her all dolled up on her wedding day! Our evening then went into cookout/hang out mode. And in true Moody fashion, we like to blow things up when we all get together, so bring on the fireworks. It's Memorial Day weekend after all!



 
In the spirit of Memorial day, I decided to sport my blue MK bag!






I love this man!
          

Ah Monday! The day I was looking forward to most. I was so glad to have a day off. I was sad to leave GA Sunday night, but I had a training session Monday morning. Unfortunately, my trainer was ill, which I hope she got to feeling better. So instead, C and I had a yummy breakfast! And of course, we had festive straws!! 


Our plans were to do some major cleaning on a few rooms, then relax in hammocks and the cook out. Well our plans changed. We decided to go pick up a few things, and while out, it turned into wanting strawberries. And not just any strawberries, but Tidwell berries, so to Dayton we went. These are by far the best strawberries I have had since last year!!!! 


 We spent the rest of the day cleaning, gardening, and cooking out. I was lucky enough to get to spend Memorial Day with not just the usual brother that is here, but also my youngest brother!! It was great to spend time with them both! 


We also got one of our wine bottle tiki torches to work which was perfect for...


Our new patio pool!! Haha. yes, we are those people.  Don't judge. But really, who doesn't want a "soaking pool" on their back deck!! It is funny, we know this. But in reality, if you know us, it isn't a surprise at all! 

But like I said earlier, it is Tuesday, and like I have all year, I have a huge since of American pride. So after decorating a little for Memorial Day/4th of July, I decided to stick with my festive straws! 


I hope everyone had a safe and fantastic Memorial Day Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...