Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So now on to 2013...

Yeah, I have posted some of my resolutions. (You can read them here.) But it is the actually working on these resolutions that is quite difficult. I mean don't get me wrong, I really want to complete my resolutions, and I will make a plan to start them, it is just actually the following through with them that is the problem.

So any-who, on to the real post. I have officially started "Project Fitness CML 2013" I'd love to have everyone follow along with me and my journey. It isn't a weight lose journey because I don't plan to ever find the weight I lose again. It is more of a weight-get-rid-of journey, but that a lot to say and doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

So lets get down to the ugly side of this...January 1, 2013, I weighed myself so I would know what my starting point was and just how far I had to go. So drum roll....216.0 lbs!!! Now if that isn't a slap in the face, I don't know what is!! I always swore that I would never see 220 lbs once I hit 200 lbs, and by golly, I won't!!! I am determined!

So tonight, tonight was the first real night of working on my fitness. As in previous posts, you can see that C and I went on a cruise where there was 24 hour pizza and ice cream. Not a good way t start out a diet!! But the vacation was long overdue, so I can deal with it. I weighed myself this morning, and low and behold, I am at 217.0 lbs. So only gaining a pound because of the cruise is okay with me. In years past, it has been a lot more.

Tonight included a healthy dinner of brown rice, grilled chicken and veggies along with 24 oz of water. Now I just need to drink about 83 more oz to hit my goal for the day...I don't see that happening. But I didn't even finish what was on my plate. I got the feeling that I was full, and stopped eating. Point for me!! And after dinner, C and I took Chaco out for a walk. We walked about 2/3 of a mile in our subdivision, and it isn't flat either. There are steep hills, or slight hills the entire route we walked. but we walked at about a 2.5 mph rate, so I am feeling pretty decent about that since I didn't think I could make it more than one lap! Tomorrow if the rain holds off, C and I will be up at 5:30 am to walk a mile, then do some crunches, push ups, jumping jacks, planks, lunges, etc.

Not only am I pushing myself, but I am also going to be pushing C. I am hoping that I can stay motivated this year and finally get rid of the weight I am wanting to get rid of. During this journey I will also be reading "Reshaping It All" by Candace Cameron Bure, or as I like to refer to her as "DJ Tanner" (what can I say, I still love Full House)

But it is time for me to read a chapter of my book, then head to bed so I can get some much needed sleep!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...